If you use the OGR corpus, please cite it in the following form:
Rainsford, Thomas M. 2022. Old Gallo-Romance Corpus, version 0.4. Stuttgart: Institut für
The Old Gallo-Romance corpus is distributed under
Creative Commons license CC BY-NC-SA 4.0
- You must cite this corpus if you use it in your own work or adapt it in any way.
- You may modify the files in the corpus and redistribute them under the same license.
- You may not use the corpus for commercial purposes.
Sources and copyright
- The source texts are all in the public domain in the EU.
- The normalized transcriptions, part-of-speech annotation and lemmatization in the following texts
were adapted from the Base de Français médiéval:
Serments, Eulalie, Alexis, Passion, SLeger.
The re-use and re-distribution of this data in the OGR is in accordance with the provisions of the
- The diplomatic transcriptions of Passion and SLeger are based on the transcription by
Foerster and Koschwitz (1932), which is in the public domain in the EU. All other diplomatic
transcriptions are my own work based on published photographs of the manuscripts.
- A previous annotated version of the Boeci text was created in collaboration with Olga Scrivner
(Rainsford and Scrivner 2014).
- All other transcriptions and annotations are my own original work, created in consultation with
Foerster, Wolfgang, and Eduard Koschwitz. 1932. Altfranzösisches Übungsbuch. 7. Aufl. Leipzig:
- 14 June 2022: Website updated to corpus version 0.4.
- 18 March 2022: Version 0.4 released on GitHub, six further texts added.
- 7 December 2021: Version 0.3 released. All formats fully implemented (TXM binary, relANNIS, PAULA-XML, TEI-P5).
License changed to CC BY-NC-SA 4.0.
- 4 August 2021: Preview version 0.2 for TXM 0.8.1 and ANNIS 3.6 released. ANNIS portal online.
- 8 June 2021: Preview version 0.1.4 for TXM 0.8.1 released.
- 1 June 2021: Website online, preview version 0.1.3 for TXM released.
This website is hosted in the bwCloud and is built with
hugo using the
Whisper theme by Rob Austin.